- This event has passed.
The PLAY Project Virtual Workshop
September 24 @ 8:00 am - September 25 @ 5:00 pm
We’re excited to announce that Dr Richard Soloman will be virtually presenting the PLAY Project intensive workshop on September 24-25th PST!
NOW ONLINE! Learn the PLAY’s methods and principles to help children with autism! For child development professionals, parents, and advocates!
The PLAY Project is an evidence-based, early intervention program with a focus on play and relationships to support the social and emotional growth of children with autism. All professionals who attend this workshop will be provided with a systematic set of practical techniques and principles to guide their work with children who have autism. These effective strategies can be used in a variety of clinical settings and are valuable tools for any clinician striving to provide children and their families with playful, effective, relationship-based intervention programs.
- Define intensive autism intervention, including interventions that are categorized as play-based, developmental, and behavioural
- Identify techniques that help improve language, social skills, behaviour, development, and play skills of children with autism
- Describe Greenspan’s 6 Functional Developmental Levels (FDLs) and how they relate to The PLAY Project Autism Intervention
- Identify the behaviours and symptoms of children who have sensory processing challenges
- Describe how a child’s unique profile is created and develop a plan to improve the child’s social interactions based on this profile
- Identify developmental progress and PLAY Project methods & techniques through the review of video case studies
Intensive Workshop Agenda
The workshop consists of case studies, video analysis of parent and child interaction, and group activities that develop your skills in play-based, developmental and behavioural techniques for engaging children with autism and other developmental delays.
Group and parent/caregiver discounts available
**** Please contact email@example.com for further info****