- This event has passed.
Free Communication Intermediary Training
An event every week that begins at 12:00am on Tuesday, repeating until September 14, 2020
Deadline for registration Sept 14, 2020
Communication Intermediaries are Speech-Language Pathologists with additional training from Communication Disabilities Access Canada (CDAC) to support people communicating in police, legal and justice situations. Our three online webinars are presented by Barbara Collier, Communication Intermediary, and Pamela Cross, Lawyer. They address:
- The Communication Intermediary Service Model in Canada
- The Role of a Communication Intermediary
- Practice Principles and Guidelines
- The Criminal Justice System in Canada
- Take the recorded webinars anytime time between September 21 – October 9, 2020.
- Allow approximately 3 hours for the entire series.
- Apply to be listed on the Communication Intermediary database (optional)
Live Discussion Forum
- Attend a live Q and A online session with Joanna Birenbaum, Lawyer, Barbara Collier and Caitlin Buchel, Communication Intermediaries – Date and Time to be Confirmed (optional)
Registration is available to Speech-Language Pathologists, working in Canada, who are currently, or were in the past, eligible for membership in an SLP professional association and who have at least two years clinical experience.
Click here to register for the webinar series
Please contact Caitlin Buchel, Manager of the CDAC Communication Intermediary Program at firstname.lastname@example.org